Monday, February 8, 2010

Football season is over! Now I can get to work!

Actually, I get to work even during football season. The thing is, any event can be an interruption if you let it. Why didn't I write today? Why didn't I exercise? Why didn't I start back on my degree? Well, I'm waiting on a less hectic time, or a time when I have more money or when the kids are grown or the house is paid for.
The thing is...whatever time you are waiting on, it's never going to get here. If you get in the habit of making (and accepting) excuses from yourself, you will always have one ready.
It doesn't even matter what the excuse is! Any excuse will do because you are going to rationalize it and accept it and in the end...do nothing. As my Mother says, "I didn't do it because I was out of peanut butter".
May as well say you were out of peanut butter. It's as good an excuse as any.
So let's try and force ourselves to give up our excuses or at least not accept so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment