Friday, January 15, 2010

Why Fantasy and Science Fiction

People have asked me why I am still into Fantasy, Science Fiction, Superheroes, Comic Books, Cartoons, etc. Why haven't I grown up? For all appearances I am a normal, well-adjusted adult male so why all this speculative fiction stuff?

Well, here it it! I've been a writer for years, but I have always come back to the zombies, wizards, dragons and stuff that's not real. For those that don't know, I spent ten years as a firefighter. In that time I saw husbands lose wives, and wives lose husbands. I saw children suffer things they should never have to suffer. I saw families displaced from their homes by fire. I saw people maimed by accidents. I saw gruesome things and lots of times it was something one human intentionally did to another.

After those ten years, I realized that I want to spend some time escaping from the bad stuff in the real world. I want to offer people the chance to go with me on that same journey.

Hence why my writing all takes place in something other than the "real" world


('DiggThis’)

No comments:

Post a Comment