Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Indie Filmmakers

This link was sent to me by a friend of mine. It reminds us that Indie Filmmakers will find a way to get their stories in front of people.
I love seeing people find other paths to get to their dream. Why? It reminds me that we don't have to be the next Stephen King, JK Rowling, Steven Spielberg or George Lucas. anyone who has read "The Four Hour Work Week" by my good friend Tim Ferriss, knows that your dream life is out there and it probably does not cost millions and millions of dollars.
 Remember this exchange from Office Space:

In reference to the question "What would you do if you had a million dollars" posed by Peter Gibbons to Lawrence;

LAWRENCE: Well what about you now? What would you do?
PETER GIBBONS: Nothing
LAWRENCE: Nothing, huh?
PETER GIBBONS: I would relax...I would sit on my ass all day...I would do nothing.
LAWRENCE: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man.

It's good advice from Lawrence. It depends on your goals. People are finding ways to make their passion pay just enough that they can continue to indulge their passion. Every path that is forged, means a new path for someone like you or me. You can forge your own new one, or follow a trailblazer, but either way, what you want is out there.

Go get it.




('DiggThis’)

No comments:

Post a Comment