- Stephen Lang was awesome as the Marine Colonel. He was just perfect. Why is that archetype always a bad guy though? Isn't that the same sort of man who defeated the Nazis? (and how can I get muscles like his? Especially when I am at the ripe age of 57?)
- The story is, admittedly, very predictable. Is the movie only saved by the amazing special effects and the immersive world of Pandora?
- The fact that the movie is very much "Dances with Wolves" but with a happier ending, reinforces the idea that we don't always have to look for a brand new story. Sometimes a new way of telling a familiar story can still resonate with audiences.
- 3D is the only way to see this movie in the theaters. I am stll amazed by Tru 3D movies where the actors seem to be in the room with you.
- I want one of those giant suits of driveable armor (mechs) like the Marines have. So darn cool.
- The really awesome girl pilot remonds me a little of "Vasquez" from Aliens - also a James Cameron movie.