Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stephen Zimmer

I'm pretty careful about following too many blogs. I don't have a ton of time to read them all during the day, even with the wonderful RSS reader that serves them up in bite-sized pieces for me to enjoy.
One that I do like to check up on regulary is Stephen Zimmer.
Stephen is an author (this may not surprise you since most of the peope I talk about are authors, artists, musicians or some sort of world-changers - why is that? Walk with the wise and you will become wise...but I digress)
Stephen has written a cool little series available from Seventh Star Press. And has just started releasing his second series.
You don't have to read the book on my word (though it is cool) but his blog is a fun one to follow. I met Stephen at Con Nooga in Chattanooga, TN and what impressed me was his enthusiasm. This guy loves what he is doing. He is really into the worlds he creates and if you talk to him, or read his blog, you'll find that his enthusiasm is pretty infectious.
So not only is it fun to go along for the ride, it is also motivational for any of us who hope to put art in front of people.
Stephen understands that creation is part of the equation, but the other part is production. You have to ship stuff. You have to put it out there and let people see it. He's good at both. And he writes about it weekly on his blog.

1 comment:

  1. Joel! It's Nat. I just wanted to let ya'll know that if you're ever interested in a blog makeover, let me know. I've been doing my own blog makeovers and would like the graphic design practice if you guys are ever interested. You know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete