Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Frank Frazetta

Frank Frazetta passed away yesterday at the age of 82. I seem to be late in finding this out, but I am really bummed by it. I love Frank's art and I have since I was a kid. I remember covers of The Horseclans books and how I would stare at them for a long time just marveling at the artwork.

I had a hard time picking a favorite pic to accomplish this post, but I went with the good old Death Dealer. He is just too cool.

I don't have any great news to post, just the fact that I will miss a world with Frank Frazetta in it. He followed his dream from a young age and that persistence, coupled with immense talent gave the world some awesome fantasy artwork.

Rest in peace, Frank, from a long time fan.

2 comments:

  1. I read this last night and was saddened by the news. I spent about an hour after reading the news just looking up his art work and quotes and showing them to my wife. This is a sad day and the genre has lost one of it's true masters of the art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man - Did I make a mistake. I mentioned Frazetta as the artist on The Horseclans books, but as it turns out, those covers were done by Ken Kelly - whose work does resemble Frazetta's a bit. I love both artists!

    ReplyDelete