Saturday, May 29, 2010

Prince of Persia

Went and saw Prince of Persia last night and I have to say it is highly recommended. Really beautiful sets, costumes and action. If you like the swashbuckling feel of the video games, then you will find it well captured in the movie. Also, it had a good deal of leaping, flipping and climbing that was remniscient of Assassin's Creed (and I think this is a good thing).
I was a little surprised by the lack of Persians, meaning no actors of Middle Eastern descent that I could see, but I understand Hollywood going for star power I suppose. Jake Gyllenhaall did a good job as Prince Dastan.
The magic in the movie is well done. It was a good adventure story with cool bad villains. The bad guy was a little bit "evil for evil's sake" meaning I can't see him going to sleep at night thinking he is doing the right thing. Usually the best bad guys think they are in the right.
Am I knocking the movie? Not at all. Go see it. If you are a fan of sword and sorcery movies, action adventure movies or just really cool settings then you will enjoy Prince of Persia.

No comments:

Post a Comment