Friday, April 3, 2009

Publishers for Self-publishing

Regardless of your individual view of self-publishing, it seems to me to be on the rise. I don't have a ton of experience with self-publishing, but I have some. In any event, a friend and an aspiring author asked about self publishers a few days ago and I compiled a list with some links for him. Here's the list...

Dog Ear Publishing
Authorhouse
Booksurge (Amazon owns this one)
Infinity
Iuniverse
Lulu
Outskirts
Publish America
Trafford
Wheatmark Book Publishers
Wordclay
Xlibris
Xulon Press

If you are interested, check them out. I don't want to recommend a specific one because I don't have experience with all of them. Check online forums and you can get info on most of them. When I do that, most of the "complaints" I see are really about self-publishing and not about the self-publishers. If you go this route, just make sure your expectations are realistically set and a lot of the complaints will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment