Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Benefits of a vacation

Hey there,
I am on vacation this week. Of course, I will still be writing. That's the beauty of GGE. I love writing and creating sci-fi/fantasy stuff. I guess the term is quickly becoming "speculative fiction". Like Confuscious said, "Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life". Did Confuscious say that? Anyway...you get the point.
Even when you love what you do, vacations are important. Those of us who are creatives and those of us who love the worlds of speculative fiction have a benefit over everybody else. What's our benefit? It is not our resistance to scorn after being made fun of in High School. Our benefit is imagination. In the "real world" imagination can be kind of ground out of a person. In our daily grind, it can get squashed. Vacations can change all that.
I know when I have been off a few days, I get this profound feeling of remembering just who I am. It's worth taking a few days off for. Go somewhere with a salt breeze, boat drinks and no responsibility and see what happens. Make sure to take your notebook so you can record the magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment