Monday, April 11, 2011

Failure!

Great post on Seth's blog today about "How to Fail". As a "Creative" or an entrepreneur, we should be prepared to fail. In fact, we should seek it out. I remember seeing an exhibit on Tim Burton's work a couple of years ago.
I was shocked by the amount of failure. I assumed that once someone became Tim Burton, life was just one success after another. Not so.
Tim fails. A lot. Every year. Still today.
What's different? He keeps launching, keeps going and keeps delivering products. He learns from failure and moves on and eventually he succeeds. Big time.
If you haven't failed lately, then you probably aren't moving towards your big success.

Note: I take this lesson to heart as well. I need to launch a couple of things in the next year so I can fail...or maybe not, but there's only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment