Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Arthas

I know this book has been out awhile, but unfortunately, I accumulate reading material far faster than I can read it.
Still, I like the whole World of Warcraft that Blizzard has created. Not just the computer games, but the graphic novels are beautiful, the roleplaying game seems relatively popular, the action figures are super high quality and the fiction has been really good!
Arthas is no exception. His story, told so well in Warcraft III and added to in World of Warcraft is covered well in this novel and it is a really good read!
I like that Blizzard, despite having a dedicated fan base, still put a lot of focus into their products. Their fans would probably buy anything they put out, so how great is it that they have such attention devoted to making good stuff!?!
The action figs are by McFarlane Toys who, in my opinion, are the best in the biz. The books are written by Christie Golden, Richard Knaak and other notable fantasy authors. The graphic novels are written by none other than Walt Simonson of Thor fame and the artwork is stunning!
So, WTG Blizzard!
My advice for today - pick up Arthas and read it. Then go look at other Blizzard products. It's not just your typical game tie-in schlock. The products are rich fantasy products and the world is well developed, immersive and just plain cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment