Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poke The Box!

I really think you owe it to yourself to read "Poke The Box" by Seth Godin. I just bought it two days ago. It can be read in one sitting. It took me two, but it was a fast read.
If this book doesn't convince you that there is not time like the present to go.do.something. Anything. Make a change. Make some noise!
I love some of the quotes like "Soon is not as good as right now"
And "Reject the tyranny of picked. Pick yourself" (applies very well to creatives).

Can I sum up the book in one sentence? I'll try:
What is that think you would do for free and for the rest of your life if you had the opportunity to do it. Go. Do that thing now.

GGE's interpretation: What does that mean for me and GGE? We keep on keeping on.We need to accelerate our rate of completion. We have a lot of projects going on, but we don't have a lot "out there". I am committed to changing that. We may have so many projects as a way to protect ourselves from the fear of getting on "out there" and risking rejection. The good news for us is we are 1) immune to rejection. We ALL are. It's rarely fatal. and 2) GGE has the resources to produce products (Hint: We ALL do. More now than ever before). So there's no reason not to produce something. Makes me very happy that I launched our Sanction blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment