Monday, January 17, 2011

I love it when a plan comes together!

Just saw the new A-Team movie (2010). Now let me say that I was a huge fan of the original show, even with the campy parts. I loved the premise and everything. It could have been a bit more serious for my tastes, and fortunately, the new movie makes it just that way.
I was so pleased with this movie. Not quite as pleased as I was with the Star Trek reboot, but very close.
The movie was funny, action packed and a bit more serious that then original show, which is important since even the kids today expect a bit more from their action comedies than we did back in the 80's.
Still, I thought this was a very worthy remake. I loved the few times they used the original music and, of course, I still love the van.
What a hapy time for a geek like me. We have
  • Star Trek reboots
  • A-team is back
  • Transformers are in full swing
  • Star Wars is still huge
  • Battlestar Galactica still rocks
  • True Grit just came back out
  • My superheroes are all new again thanks to the successful superhero movies of late (Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Superman, Fantastic Four, The Watchmen)
It's a great time to be a fanboy! It's also proff that great stories and ideas are timeless. Even more incentive to go create one!

No comments:

Post a Comment