Now, don't get me wrong, there are a couple of things about that show that come off as cool.
- The costume. Very cool costume.
- The premise. Works with criminals. Trained by carnies.
- The carnies (some cool characters led by Keith David who always rocks)
- For what coolness is has, it still comes across as campy. It's too much like a comic book translated directly to a TV show
- Characters - the characters, especially the main hero, is just not real enough. He doesn't have many major problems. When I think of some great heroes, I think of their flaws. Peter Parker, Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, all of the X-men. They are flawed people and in being flawed, they seem real. This character doesn't feel real. Too much like The Phantom or The Shadow. Both Phantom and Shadow were cool, but we want more these days. We want some character-driven drama set in a world where superheroes exist. We don't want just four color pulp action. It's okay as a diversion, but not as a TV series unless you are making the latest Power Rangers.