Monday, November 1, 2010

The Walking Dead

After returning from Trick or Treating last night with my kids, I sat down and watched Survival of the Dead. I suspected a new classic from Romero. I was sorely disappointed. I won't go on about that though, because just after it ended, I remembered that The Walking Dead was about to premiere on AMC, so I switched over and watched it.
Score! Way to go AMC. If you like zombie movies, you have to catch this show. On a side note, did you know "Zombies" is now its own genre? I didn't. I would have thought it was part of Horror, but according to Netflix, Zombies is a genre all its own.
So what's great about "The Walking Dead"? Characters you are interested in. They focus on the human side of the Zombie Apocalypse and how it affects families. I won't elaborate. I am not into spoilers, but it's a good movie with some human interest stuff, but still lots of shambling corpses taking head shots. On thing that intrigued me was how they managed to still make the whole situation creepy in a genre that's been done to death. I went to bed with a slight case of heebie jeebies and that hasn't happened from a Zombie movie in about a quarter of a century!

1 comment:

  1. woo-hoo! i did a whole global invasion bunch of post to help promote it... it is great not my post the show!
    jeremy
    iZombie

    ReplyDelete