Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harry Potter

Well, unless you've lived under a rock, then you know that the final Harry Potter movie comes out this week and even though millions know how the story ends, millions will still go see the movie.
I find the whole Harry Potter phenomenon to be just about as an inspiring story as I can find anywhere. Author writes a book, collects rejection slips until it takes off and then, boy, does it take off. Now it is a major brand all by itself with books, movies, comics, action figures and even an amusement park (okay...part of a bigger amusement park, but even still). HP has delivered a level of success that is just amazing and one that I would love to emulate with my own story that would resonate so strongly with fans of all ages.
I'm not saying I can do it, but I'm not ready to admit I can't either. Then again, so could you!
Anything can happen...even nothing.

I heard that quote somewhere and it is a point well taken...if you do nothing, then you get nothing. If you do something, then you are no worse off. You might still get nothing, but you are much closer to getting something.
You may not get Harry Potter, but who wouldn't love to be 1/10th as successful? Guess we better do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment