Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Superman/Batman Apocalypse

Picked up my copy of Superman/Batman Apocalypse over the weekend. I thought you might like to know about it.
First off, it is definitely worth owning. It is by all the familiar players in the DC Anmated Universe. It is based on a comic mini series, I believe.
Basically, it tells the story of when Supergirl (Kara Zor-el) fell to Earth. It's not really in the continuity with the Cartoon Series, Justice League Unlimited, which might be my only complaint witht the current crop of DC Animated Movies. I feel like they should all be part of one continuity (George Lucas has shown us that this can be done)
The animation is superb, which we have come to expect, and one thing I do like is they got Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly to voice Batman and Superman respectively, reprising their roles from the animated shows.
there is lots of great super action including a major throwdown in Smallville between Superman, Kara and Darkseid.
So, go rent the movie for sure, buying it would be better since it supports that they will make more of these.
I enjoyed it, but I love these movies so I am admittedly biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment