Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Iron Man 2

Happy Columbus Day (yesterday) - Actually today (October 12th) is the original Columbus Day. Yesterday was Columbus Day (observed). I only know this because I was born on October 12th. Yes...It's my birthday.
For my birthday, I treated myself to a DVD copy of Iron Man 2. Watched it right away. I must say, I loved it.


Of course, as we know, I can be pretty forgiving of Superhero movies, but there's a lot of good things about Iron Man 2.
Here are some of them:
  • The armor looks awesome
  • The effects in general look awesome
  • Tony is a hard drinking, arrogant, insufferable dude who you can't help but cheer for
  • Scarlet Johannsen
  • Whiplash is pulled off very well by Mickey Rourke
  • The Senate Committee hearing is awesome
  • Lots of talk about the Avengers (Thor's hammer!)
Could I find some things wrong with the movie? Maybe...but minor issues. I could see how the following may bother some people
  • Replacing Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle. I love both actors, but why replace him?
  • Lots of subplots and lots of stuff going on. Not too much for a comic fan to keep up with, but maybe for a layperson (non-geek) to understand
  • Whiplash ended up in armor...why?
So, a highly recommended DVD, even with a couple of issues. Of course, you should go buy it anyway to support our types of movies. As I have said many times, if we want more superhero movies, then we have to vote for them (with our money)

No comments:

Post a Comment