Friday, July 31, 2009

Best Superhero Books ever

It's hard to find good books about superheroes that aren't either a) comic books or b) books based on comic books.
Now, I have nothing against either A or B, but they don't typically represent the coolest examples of superhuman fiction.
Let me offer some examples of the coolest superhero fiction
  1. Wild Cards (the whole series, editted by George RR Martin)
  2. Devil's Cape (by Rob Rogers)
  3. Black and White (by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge)
  4. Those Who Walk in Darkness (By John Ridley)
  5. Soon I Will Be Invincible ( by Austin Grossman)
  6. Hero (by Perry Moore)
  7. The Web of Arachnos (Robert Weinberg)
  8. Swan Song (By Frank Fradella)
  9. The Physics of Superheroes (By James Kakalios) - this one is not fiction, but it is very cool

Not a long list. There are a lot I have not read and there is a lot of crap in what I have read. It's a hard genre for some to take seriously, but there is good stuff out there! You just have to look for it...or trust my little list and get to reading.

Of course, the other option is to write some good ones! Let's do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment