Monday, March 1, 2010

Review: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

In between writing on my "MK Ultra" project and planning the production of "Danger Guild" and shopping "The Warchitect" and "The Forsaken" around to publishers, I managed to catch "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" on DVD and I have to say it was well-worth the weight.
It fit sin well with the DC Animated Universe. The Justice League is just getting around to putting the teleporters in their satellite. Batman is visibly older, but still tough - though he relies more on his intellect and gear than his martial arts in this movie. All of the heroes have some cool lines and the battle scenes are great. I wish it had been a bit more in line with the comic series "Crisis on Infinite Earths" but that would have to be a mini series or something - it's just too major. This was a cool movie with some good action, nice dialogue and beautiful animation. I loved the Justice League show (still do) and I have liked all of the movies, but this one is the best of them yet.
The DVD has a special feature with The Spectre that is a bit too creepy for small children. I never loved The Spectre anyway. It also has a glimpse at the upcoming "Batman: Behind the Red Hood" which will be awesome (with Bruce Greenwood as Batman, Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing...enough said!)

So, buy this movie. I can't imagine a Justice League fan being disappointed with it.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there were no zombies. Not even Solomon Grundy. No undead, but still a good move.

    ReplyDelete