Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How do you find the time?

Last night at my house was a frenzy of picking up children, feeding children, dropping off children, homework and housecleaning.
After that, there was 45 minutes to run on the treadmill and then  I had to attend to my own studies (working on a Master's Degree). After that, I read a little while to unwind (Storm of Iron, by Graham McNeill)

Finally, I had an hour or so to write. It took me well past a reasonable bed time. This didn't leave much time for relaxing with the wife or little ones. I am suffering through a sore throat and I'm wondering if that is not from burning my candle at both ends and the resulting exhaustion.

So, I manage to write still and I'm proud of myself, but it's pretty darn difficult. How do others find the time? Any tips, tricks, techniques out there? Let's share.

3 comments:

  1. i salute your efforts!...
    as an unemployed zombie, i find myself with lots of crazy time. so i update and create stuff, with the hopes of keeping my mind active... so bravo on all your life, education and the children.
    iZombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay busy. My wife says too busy. Way to go on keeping active! Sharpen the saw. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, got a some well needed praise... silly as the site started, it is the most popular of all my sites...

    http://jmhdigital.com/

    also, you should enter the zombie madness contest, if you have not yet... banner at top...

    i enjoy your insight to things that make the world move, but without your family it moves slow...

    take care!

    ReplyDelete