Sunday, August 28, 2011

Come on Irene!

So, we spent today hosting a small hurricane party (one of the great things we learned living in North Carolina) and waiting or Hurricane Irene. Irene showed up weakened, bedraggled and exhausted and sporting the title of "Tropical Storm" rather than hurricane, but the party must go on. Thought I would update the blogosphere with some random goings on...

Back to school tomorrow! I am still slogging through my Master's degree. It is not easy going back after having left college some decade or two before.
One thing I am looking forward to is fall/winter. I LOVE summer and all of the fun it brings, but fall and winter brings snow and cold weather and early darkness so I am not tempted outside by the sand, sun, surf and scantily clad denizens of summer.
Of course, for now, it also means significant studying, but it also forces me to spend the keyboard time that is necessary to create.
On a TOTALLY separate note, I spent the last couple of weekends touring the Boston/Salem area. I am blown away by the history of the area, but also the creative people who have lived here. Poe, Hawthorne, Alcott, Emerson, Thoreau. I hope I am able to glean a fraction of their creative energies and channel it into my own writing. I can definitely see why New England fuels creativity. Such a historic and picturesque region.

OK...back to my "Not a Hurricane" party.

No comments:

Post a Comment