Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unlimited Power (another post)

I think I already posted about Unlimited Power. I just wanted to add a few thoughts.
I still love this book Very concrete suggestions, some may be a bit metaphysical for me, but even the author (Tony Robbins) admits a reader will take and use what sounds right and discard what doesn't seem right.
He has some interesting ideas about diet (Vegan). I am actually considering a vegetarian diet for a few months to see how that affects me...but I digress.
What I wanted to write about was goal-setting. I have reached my favorite chapter where we spend fifteen minutes with a blank sheet of paper deciding what we want. It's exciting, it's liberating and it's scary as hell!
What do I want? Do I want to be George Lucas? Walt Disney? Jimmy Buffet? Something in between?
I have a hundred dreams, but I can't pursue them all. I need to distill them down.
Obviously telling stories is a huge part of my dream. Now I just need to spend the time writing down what I want...specifically. The key is to dream big. Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you might land among the stars.
I think about football players (cue the song "Ghetto Dreams") who start in poverty but picture themselves playing in the Super Bowl until one day, there they are. It can happen for any of us, but first we have to have a target...otherwise, it's pretty hard to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment