Sunday, July 4, 2010

What Independence Means to Me

Happy Birthday America!!!

Happy 4th of July!

As someone who relies heavily on the freedom of speech, I treasure our freedoms so very much. I sometimes forget to be thankful for the fact that I can write anything I want here on my blog, or in a manuscript or a screenplay and I won't have to worry about being hauled off for it. I can publish any art that moves me (and hopefully you) and I won't be labeled an enemy of the state for it.
I love all of our freedoms, like the fact that I can hop in my car and cross state lines without needing travel papers. I can be in the military or I can decide not to be. I can make as much money as I can get someone to pay me, or as much as I can sell a story for. No one comes after that money (except for my taxes, but we all do our fair share I guess).
So today, I intend to celebrate freedom with friends and family. I'll have a few beers and a hamburger or two and then pen a few pages. I'll remember to say a prayer for those fighting across the globe to help preserve this way of life. They are paying the ultimate price daily and for that I am truly grateful.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment