Monday, June 1, 2009

Star Trek

Been awhile since I blogged. I should apologize for that. I have been spending some time on what the GGE website should look like. Obviously, it should have a link to the blog where we can keep up a dialogue with readers, viewers, aficionados, etc!

I just saw Star Trek and came away with a healthy dose of inspiration. Roddenberry created something so timeless that I watched it as a kid and now I am taking my kids to see it years later. How great is that? What is so enduring about Star Trek? I know the popular line is the positive view it gives of the future, but there has to be more to it than that. Is it the ship designs? the visuals? The hot chicks. It's always had hot chicks.

Would Star Trek had been as successful if it had been a novel first? A comic book? A line of toys? A movie? Did it have to be launched as a TV series. A TV series that was canceled. Something made it grab ahold of people. That's what I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment