Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Inglorious Basterds

Read a great quote from Quentin Tarantino today about his reasons for making "Inglorious Basterds":

"What made me want to make the film is simply that I like war movies," said Tarantino, who joined Pitt and other cast members at a news conference. "The initial idea sometimes is really as simple as wanting to make a war movie or a car chase movie. The rest goes from there."

It's nice to see a successful producer acknowledging that not all screenplays have to be "Schindler's List" or "The Piano" or something like that. Sometimes it is a simple idea, an event driven screenplay, awesome characters with great dialogue.

It appeals to me because genre/event driven films are what I like to watch. Coincidentally, these are the types of stories I like to write.

Looks like I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment