Monday, September 14, 2009

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month is coming up soon (November). It is one month to write a novel. I have participated twice and I have 2 novels to show for it. Are they great works? Well, they weren't great at the end of November. I had just slogged through 30 days of writing 1600 words a day to get to the 50,000 word count requirement.
I have since polished and polished on both of them and maybe one day they will grace a bookshelf someday.
So, what's the point? For me, it showed me I could write a novel. What was required? Time. I had to make or steal the time from my otherwise busy schedule.
Now, I have yet to learn whether I can write a good novel or not, but then again, who cares. If you are like me, then you love to write. So go do it. Do the best you can. Get it read. Get critiques. Study writing. Learn to take criticism with a grain of salt and then keep on writing.

Okay...I am ranting. Go to www.nanowrimo.org and check it out. Let's write a novel in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment